In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve completely redone this website. I changed the layout and page structure. The front page is now a highlight of my programming career, displaying various projects I’ve worked on and jobs I’ve had. Sort of like an online resume. I hope this new format is well received.
In the meantime I’ve been working on a new project, an Android game. I hope to post more information on it soon. It’s almost finished, but still has some key features to implement.
Posted in Updates
Tagged android, css, resume, websites
My last update was about a year and a half ago. I’ve been pretty busy since then, and haven’t. I hope to revamp the whole layout and make it look nicer. I started off with a change in color scheme. There’s more to come. I’ve been working on several projects, including getting introduced to the Unreal Engine,like action ac for example. Together with The Marketing Heaven, I revived my YouTube channel and received quite a lot of views and likes, which is quite significant for the projects that I plan to realize in the future to find out what I’ve been up to.
I’ve been putting a lot of work on GitHub lately. I hope to integrate my commits with this website, click now. I’ve done work on different python projects.
The biggest thing I’ve been working on is a 3D Video game tentatively called Project Mishkan. It’s programmed in C++, using the Unreal Engine. It was a big learning curve but I’m getting the hang of it. It’s an interactive education 3D simulator painterly. It’s still in it’s infancy so I haven’t added it to my projects page, but I hope to have something workable soon.
There is a four player. I really like to play, and I couldn’t find an online version of it. I decided last year it would be a fun challenge to implement it myself, visit riskfreeserv.com. I recently added it to the programming section of this site. It was my first attempt at making a WebGL game. Visit www.move-central.com. The game’s nature led to some difficult logic challenges. Check IbetNetwork’s blog content about casino bonus. For example, to determine when a player’s game was over, I had to compute if they had any remaining moves. Find reliable foresinc engineering companies . Continue reading
This arcade game is an Android remake of a DirectX game I made with a few friends in University. I subsequently ported the game to XNA, which vastly improved the performance and appearance. I may add these versions to the site in the future, visit this website.
I decided with one of the other creators to remake the game for Android. It uses high resolution graphics and implements efficient collision detection between floating shapes. High scores are stored in an online database using PHP and SQL. The game logic was programmed in an abstract way to decouple it from the Android implementation. This will allow us to swap out different APIs without changing the main game code. The game can be accessed with a desktop or mobile phone here.
I recently added a Python script I wrote a few years ago for this website to my github. I decided I should add it to the programming section as well.
svn2ftp is a simple script which automatically uploads svn commits to an ftp server.
Posted in Programming
Tagged python, svn, websites
I’ve made a bunch of updates to the site.
- First of all, I made the header smaller, so there’s more screenspace
- I updated my photo on the about page to a more recent version
- I organized the programming page to be by date, with the most recent at top
- I added my first solo Android app to the site. You can view the details here
There reason I say first solo app is because I already have an app on the Google Play store which I made with a friend of mine. I want to make some updates to it before adding it to this site billigastemobilabonnemang.nu.
I have a bunch of other things in the works, so I will add them here as they develop.
Posted in Programming, Updates
Tagged android, java
I’m still here. I’ve been working on many side projects in my spare time, and haven’t had a chance yet to add any to this site. Some are still in the works, others I finished months ago. Stay tuned to see new things in the near future.
In the meantime, feel free to visit my http://www.galarson.com/ page to see some of the things I’m working on. Not everything is on there, but some are.
Posted in Updates
One of my school projects for my Image Processing course was to develop the Weighted Voronoi Stippling This paper described how to create stipple images using a source image and Voronoi Diagrams. The project was in C++, using the openFrameworks library. I wasn’t too thrilled with the end product, as it was very slow. My method of creating Voronoi Diagrams wasn’t very efficient. I found out that there’s a very fast way to create a Voronoi diagram, but this required some sort of 3D rendering. I’ve been wanting to learn WebGL for a while now, so I took this as a good first project. Read about furnace repair how to.
I’ve added my university honours project to this website. It is called Modern to Historical Image Feature Matching. The project can be briefly described as an attempt at understanding why modern computer vision techniques aren’t successful at matching historical photos taken on film with modern digital photos. The project includes a paper (linked above), source code and a data set. The project was written in C++, using the OpenCV computer vision library Continue reading
I’ve graduated from Carleton University. My resume has been updated to reflect this, with my final marks. I’m currently not looking for employment, as I’m studying abroad. I will post an update when I begin fishing for jobs.
Posted in Updates