For my Image Processing class we had to find a paper related to the course material, implement it, and extend it with features of our own. My partner and I chose X-Toon: An Extended Toon Shader. It extended the concept of toon or cel shading 3D models by using a second dimension of information to determine the level of detail to display. My partner and I implemented it in XNA, and added features of our own. We had to write a SIGGRAPH style paper, documenting our results. Continue reading
I’ve updated my resume to include my latest work experience and marks. For example, I just finished another semester as a Teaching Assistant for Carleton University.
My resume can be viewed here
In my Artifical Intelligence class, we were asked to create two multiplayer games using the MiniMax algorithm. This algorithm has a computer player choose intelligent moves to play based off the current game state. The games we made weren’t very fun and highly unusual, so I decided to implement the classic game of Reversi to test out the algorithm.
For my fourth year Artificial Intelligence course, our first assignment was to implement the classic game Snake. The hard part was then to implement three different search algorithms so the snake will find the food by itself. The three search algorithms were Breadth First Search, Depth First Search, and A* Search.
I have uploaded a game I developed with a friend a few years ago. It was created in C++, using the DirectX framework. I’ve added the code and an executable to play the game with. The game is very simple, but pretty challenging. How high a score can you get?
Read more here: http://robbiewolfe.ca/programming/falling-paper
It took me a while to figure out how to get a gradient background to look exactly like I wanted. While the simplest solution is to use a repeated background to create a gradient effect, I wanted it to fade out at the bottom. If you look at this site, there is only a gradient at the top of the page. As the page gets longer, the background is a constant colour. Somehow I needed to have two different backgrounds, both working at the same time. It took a lot of digging but I finally found a solution, which I’ll post here. Continue reading
I’ve added a blog to this website; it’s built on WordPress. I had to convert my website layout into a WordPress theme. It’s mostly finished, just a few things to tidy up.
Now that the blog is up and running, I plan on occasionally posting programming tips, and anything else that interests me. I will also be playing around with the different WordPress features available to me now. Continue reading