There is a four player strategy board game I really like to play, and I couldn’t find an online version of it. I decided last year it would be a fun challenge to implement it myself. I recently added it to the programming section of this site. It was my first attempt at making a WebGL game. The game’s nature led to some difficult logic challenges. For example, to determine when a player’s game was over, I had to compute if they had any remaining moves. Continue reading
One of my school projects for my Image Processing course was to develop the Weighted Voronoi Stippling paper by Secord. This paper described how to create stipple images using a source image and Voronoi Diagrams. The project was in C++, using the openFrameworks library. I wasn’t too thrilled with the end product, as it was very slow. My method of creating Voronoi Diagrams wasn’t very efficient. I found out that there’s a very fast way to create a Voronoi diagram, but this required some sort of 3D rendering. I’ve been wanting to learn WebGL for a while now, so I took this as a good first project.